[Icecast-dev] Memory leak on Icecast 2.3.2 / Debian ?

Romain Beauxis toots at rastageeks.org
Thu May 13 05:33:35 PDT 2010

Le jeudi 13 mai 2010 05:46:12, jaromil a écrit :
>   re all,

	Hi,

> this patch has  not been integrated in Debian  yet, hence the Icecast2
> package still segfaults after filling up all the memory with its leak.
>
> as this  is a  critical bug,  while it seems  that the  current Debian
> mantainer for the icecast2 package  has abandoned its duty, i'm kindly
> asking the attention of debian  developers included in this mail, will
> provide them with more details in private.

icecast2 (2.3.2-5) unstable; urgency=high

   * Added patch to fix a memory leak.
     Thanks to Gilles Pietri for reporting
     and Jussi Kukkonen for providing a patch.
   * Bumped standards version to 3.8.3
   * Added doc-base registration.
 -- Romain Beauxis <toots at rastageeks.org>  Mon, 14 Dec 2009 10:05:47 -0600

A memory leak is not a security issue so the package in stable (lenny) has not
been modified. However, a backport has been prepared, see:
  http://www.backports.org/
  http://www.backports.org/debian/pool/main/i/icecast2/

I do not exactly call that abandoning its duty ;-)

Romain