[Icecast-dev] research question

Gabrielle Anderson ama08r at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Mar 30 09:14:30 PDT 2010

Heya,

I'm a PhD student at the University of Southampton. I'm researching the how
multi-threaded software uses shared resources such as shared state and
message passing over networks etc, and how those uses change across software
versions. I am attempting to read through the source code of Icecast but
don't have a great understanding of multi-threaded C so if anyone could give
me pointers or a general description about how the shared
variables/condition variables are used and for what conceptual purpose I
would be much obliged.

Thanks,
Gabrielle