[Icecast-dev] Memory leak on Icecast 2.3.2 / Debian ?

Gilles PIETRI gilou at frequence3.fr
Fri Dec 11 19:26:04 PST 2009

On 09/12/2009 16:59, Romain Beauxis wrote:
> 	Hi !
>
> Le mardi 8 décembre 2009 19:59:23, Karl Heyes a écrit :
>>> But since you asked, attached are the missing frees for icecast2_2.3.2-4
>>> in a totally untested drive-by-patching manner. Like I said the -kh17 I
>>> also happened to have did not have this specific code at all and the
>>> xmlEncodeEntitiesReentrant() calls were all fine.
>> The patch is fine, both kh and the trunk code use different code so
>> those should not have this problem but feel free to report any issues
>> like this.
>
> Ok, thanks !
>
> Giles, could you confirm that this patch fixes your memory leak ?
>

> Romain

Hi,

it has been running for 3 days, and hit hard for stress test, it seems
fine now with this patch. I guess it would be good for debian to
backport that indeed (and I'm surprised nobody was impacted by this in a
noticeable enough way so as to report it).

As I'm now facing a required recompile/upgrade anyway, I'm wondering
whether I should just patch this, or go for the trunk code.. How
reliable is it?

Cheers, and thanks a lot to you guys
Gilou