[Icecast-dev] Icecast streams included in StreamFinder.com

Thomas B. Ruecker dm8tbr at afthd.tu-darmstadt.de
Wed Apr 1 09:22:02 PDT 2009

Streamfinder schrieb:
> We would like to build a hook in our service at streamfinder.com that would take
> incoming pings from icecast stations that include this sort of setting
> in their config file...
>
> <directory>
>         <yp-url-timeout>15</yp-url-timeout>
>         <yp-url>http://www.streamfinder.com/ice-dir/</yp-url>
>     </directory>
>
> Any ideas on how we can work with the developers to build this in?

The sourcecode of the icecast yp is available from svn. Also there is a
webpage with some info.
So you can have the sources for both sides and there is IIRC also some
documentation.

Do you need more?

After you implement the yp-api every user that wants to can just add the
above snippet to his server config and will be listed at your directory.

Cheers

Thomas

PS: I'm just a heavily involved user. ;-)