[Icecast-dev] [libshout] Add mime/content-type parameter

Romain Beauxis toots at rastageeks.org
Thu Sep 25 15:44:45 PDT 2008

Le Thursday 25 September 2008 23:00:20 Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves, vous avez
écrit :
> > Mime types are set accordingly for these formats, and SHOUT_FORMAT_VORBIS
> > is then alised to SHOUT_FORMAT_OGG_AUDIO.
>
> This sounds like a better approach.  When you say it's not
> backward-compatible, do you reckon something would break?
>
> I hope libshout doesn't require rewriting some parts.

No, the API is 100% backward compatible. Only difference is that programs that
use the (deprecated) SHOUT_FORMAT_VORBIS will then send the "audio/ogg" mime
type instead of "application/ogg". I don't believe this will cause any
trouble.

Romain