[Icecast-dev] Updated version of patch

Michel Van den Bergh michel.vandenbergh at uhasselt.be
Wed Sep 10 01:53:47 PDT 2008

>Why would you keep a non-thread safe API ?

I do not want to touch libshout.  I am only concerned
with the python bindings.

Probably Brendan can answer this better but  I think
libshout is not thread safe for simultaneous accesses
to a shout_t object. This is not a problem
as the posix locking primitives are trivial to use.

For python apis should in principle be absolutely
thread safe. This is mostly achieved through the GIL but
in blocking functions it is necessary to release the GIL.

Regards,
Michel