[Icecast-dev] Problem in iPhone streaming

Pavol Grešša pavol.gressa at ecommerce.cz
Thu Nov 13 01:08:19 PST 2008

Hi,

i'm developing an internet radio client for iPhone and as server is
used Icecast2. My problem is that every time when client connects to
some source(mount) Icecast2 sends correct HTTP 1.0 header and after
header delimiter(two empty lines(\r\n\r\n))  should be data ( mp3
samples). But every time in the first packet in the beginnig of data
section there are some bytes to which iPhone audio parser cannot
undestand( Becasue every mp3 sample starts with mp3 header (0xFFF) ).
This happens only to first packet. I'm sure of that, because i have
stream in what i'm sure that raw sound data begins with prefix 0xFFF3
and every time when i parse whole data in first packet and get only
those mp3 sample, stream will became stable and iPhone is playing that
radio for rest of time without any parsing.

  I'm debugging icecast source code for 2 days and i still did'n find
function or procedure or whatever is it, where in start of client
streaming icecast2 push in the begining , right after header, these
bytes, which have everytime different lenght. I don't really know what
is it.

So please , can you help me locate source of this problem?