[Icecast-dev] Caching current events for new listeners

ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 29 02:08:58 PDT 2008

> you can't keep them in the main queue because you are subject to the
> queue size cutoff so you either keep this within the per codec handle
> structure (codec list) and/or in the block for the header pages (via the
> associated pointer).  The sending handlers are not really codec aware
> but they do notice a change in headers.

Yes, but that's the problem I'm facing:

- if I keep them in the codec specific struct (which is what I'm doing now),
I can't request them when a new listener connects, as I don't know when
this happens from the format_ogg.c code

- if I keep them (and update them as streaming goes on) in the headers list,
then send_ogg_headers will continuously stream them out, but I don't want
that since that'll get pushed to all listeners, and they'll have already gotten
those as normal streaming progresses.

Cheers