[Icecast-dev] Caching current events for new listeners

ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com ogg.k.ogg.k at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 28 09:48:06 PDT 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to work out how one would go about caching "interesting" packets
from a stream to be sent to newly connecting listeners. At the moment, for, eg,
Theora and Vorbis, the only interesting packets are the recent ones (up to a
keyframe for theora), but, in my case, I can have old packets be still active
while newer packets are obsolete, as packets are sorted by their presentation
time, but may have arbitrary timespan.

My codec handler keeps track of those packets, but I can't find how to send
them on connection. My guess was to try to piggyback onto the code that
sends headers, but that relies on an already built set of headers, and it does
seem like a big waste of resources to continually update centrally this list for
my case, rather than get it from the codec only when a new listener connects.

Any pointers on the best way to do this ?

Cheers