[Icecast-dev] Speex Support for Ices?

roger roger at eskimo.com
Fri Jul 20 17:02:13 PDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-07-20 at 22:27 +0100, Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves wrote:
> On 7/20/07, roger <roger at eskimo.com> wrote:
> > So whomever wrote ices, would probably
> > have a pretty easy time incorporating it.
>
> Michael Smith wrote Ices.  Due to time constraints, he has no plans to
> add Speex support.
>
> Roger, are you a programmer?  Would you be willing to create a patch
> for Ices?  It would be much appreciated.
>
> -Ivo

I merrily grepped the ices sources.  There's a lot more code then one
would expect for implementing ogg/vorbis support. Or, nominal amount.

But after looking at both codecs, figure much might be able to be copied
into place.  I'm currently working on a project now, but in the future,
I might consider incorporating speex *if* time permits.  But, I'm
guessing somebody else is going to beat me to this task as it doesn't
look entirely difficult and other speex users/devs have a more imminent
need then me! ;-)

--
Roger
http://www.eskimo.com/~roger/index.html