[Icecast-dev] Is it possible to catch ogg streaming data and write it in other format such as WAV in icecast server?

Romain Beauxis toots at rastageeks.org
Wed Aug 1 02:16:33 PDT 2007

Le Wednesday 01 August 2007 11:01:04 이준기, vous avez écrit :
> Hi,

	Hi !

> I just want to catch ogg streaming data and save it as the other format
> such as WAV in icecast server. Is it possible?
> If so, where do i have to start in the icecast serve

I don't think it is possible to dump wav with icecast, only raw ogg/vorbis is
possible, icecast doesn't do any sound processing as far as I know..

You can use external applications, like ogg123 which has a wav file output
module, or liquidsoap[1], that way:
   liquidsoap 'output.file.wav("/path/to/saved/file.wav",   \
        	add([blank(),input.http("http://host:port/mountpoint")]))'

Of course, you may use output.file.mp3 or output.file.vorbis at need..

Romain

[1]: http://savonet.sourceforge.net/
--
Think the word peace means coming together ?
Peace is a diploma you get in the cemetry