[Icecast-dev] Flash stream support

oDDsKool oddskool at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 23:06:47 PST 2006

Not sure about what your client wants, but...

I can confirm that *some* flash players can handle mp3 streams
streamed by icecast or other stream engines - e.g. the XSPF Player :
http://musicplayer.sourceforge.net/ .

<xspf specific>
For this one you just give the url of your mountpoint as parameter
(song_url). It doesn't work if you pass it thru the xspf playlist.
BTW, it doesn't read id3 tags in the stream, so you have to pass the
title and so on manually.
</xspf specific>

Basically, this flash player just reads the mp3 stream from the
mountpoint via HTTP. It won't work with ogg as Flash does'nt currently
handle ogg. Nor will icecast stream via RTMP IMHO.

my 2 cent...

cheers

oDDsKooL