[Icecast-dev] Motherfish III outage

Monty xiphmont at xiph.org
Wed Mar 1 15:11:41 PST 2006

Motherfish-III, xiph.org's main web/yp server suffered a partial raid
failure yesterday that slowly collapsed into a complete failure today.
The good news is that parts had been ordered, arriving about an hour
after the cloud of smoke.  We lost minimal data, if any.

Motherfish is in the process of rebuilding onto fresh drives now; I do
not have an ETS for complete restoral of services, but the outage is
being actively serviced.  In the meantime, www, dir and a few other
services will not be available.  Logins by xiph.org members should be
reenabled shortly (all old keys should still work).

Monty
Xiph.org