[Icecast-dev] theora2png / video preview

adam adam at xs4all.nl
Wed Mar 15 00:24:05 PST 2006

hey,

just wanted to say that I got the theora2png to work, it was easy once
i realised i had to re-run the automake.sh (doh!)

the process, for anyone reading the list in the future is:
1. get the svn version of icecast trunk:
svn co http://svn.xiph.org/icecast/trunk/icecast/ icecast
2. make sure you have libpng dev libraries (in debian : apt-get install
libpng2-dev)
3. get the patch sent to this list earlier (video_preview.diff)
4. patch the source by doing this:
* cd to the svn dir (icecast in the above example)
* run this command : patch -p0 < video_preview.diff
* run autogen : ./autogen.sh
* ./configure;make;make install
5. create a dir called 'video_preview' in your web root (see the icecast
conf for details where this is)
6. make sure your icecast conf (icecast.xml) has somewhere:
<video_preview>1</video_preview>

stream some theora and look at the pretty pictures on status.xsl

woohoo! i really hope this gets in the svn, it is an _excellent_ addition,
not sure who came up with it but many many thanks

adam

..on Mon, Mar 13, 2006 at
06:39:42PM -0500, j at v2v.cc wrote:
> check the log, you have to create a folder that the icecast user can
> write to in your webroot.

> ps: why did you need to tweak status.xsl?
>
> On Mon, 2006-03-13 at 22:39 +0100, adam wrote:
> > thanks for this :)
> >
> > i tried it and i didnt have much luck...it compiled ok after a small tweak needed on the patch for status.xsl
> >
> > and all runs fine but i dont get the preview png...(I installed
> > libpng2-dev from debian)...
> >

> > any ideas?
> >
> > adam
> >

> > ..on Mon, Mar 13, 2006 at 01:24:00AM -0500, j at v2v.cc
> > wrote:
> > > hi,
> > >
> > > attached is a version of the video preview patch
> > > that works with current svn trunk.
> > >
> > > would be nice to get it into svn,

Adam Hyde
~/.nl

selected projects
http://www.xs4all.nl/~adam

the streaming suitcase
http://www.streamingsuitcase.com

r a d i o q u a l i a
http://www.radioqualia.net

Free as in 'media'
email : adam at xs4all.nl
mobile : + 31 6 186 75 356 (Netherlands mobile)