[Icecast-dev] Ices2 and libshout FLAC support?

kastein at WPI.EDU kastein at WPI.EDU
Mon Jun 12 08:34:33 PDT 2006

wow, thanks for the quick reply!

> My suggestion: try out the ffmpeg flac thingie since that speed
> improvement is unreal in compare to the normal flac :)
>

> Stefan

Thanks for the suggestion - I'm reading the ffmpeg changelog and feature
list right now, and it appears that it only supports flac decoding not
encoding and decoding - is this because the documentation is out of sync
with the code?

Also, sorry, I misspoke - I'm looking to add OggFLAC stream capability not
plain FLAC stream capability, though I have seen reports of Winamp and
several other clients choking on Ogg container streams containing anything
but Vorbis due to naive type handling.

Ken Stein @ kastein at wpi.edu