[Icecast-dev] Problem with some ogg players when using apache 2.0 as a proxy in front of icecast

Iceuse - Kris iceuse at bzhtec.com
Thu Jun 1 23:53:52 PDT 2006

dstjohn a écrit :
> I specifically rremember some clients requiring a icy-meta-interval: 8024
> response header for http streams, i know winamp for a fact does this,
> since you are using an apache server as a proxy
> it doesn't send any meta interval headers where as icecast2 and
> shoutcast both send that header.

I haven't the opportunity to test this yet. What I expect from the proxy
is to send to client everything received from icecast.

> Now using a php based script the stream sounds fine but no title
> updates, it just shows
> up as a php script, same goes for the apache proxy method.

What do you mean by no title update?

> I'm going to guess the meta intv headers are whats giving use the grief,
> and without doing some sort of
> mod proxy patch we may be out of luck.
> Maybe someone can develop a mod_stream proxy that does send these
> headers for the apache servers
> i dunno, i don't have the time to dig into something like that but maybe
> someone on this list would be willing
> to pick up the idea and develop it.

I would prefer developping a patch in icecast for a kind of mod-rewrite
according to the virtual host name, so that we can get rid of apache or php.
But I don't know if destination host name is known in icecast.

> I'm assuming your doing proxy testing to get around the firewall blocks
> most internal networks

not my firewall, but clients firewall. Using port 80 enable clients to
connect to my streams if the other ports are blocked by their admin
firewall.
> put on ports that icecast2 uses, and forward through port 80,  am i correct

Exactly, but I'm mainly obliged to use a proxy because I have several
icecast servers, several streams with the same name. That was a big
mistake to give the same name to streams one year ago. But at this time,
I was having a server with several IP address. Now I have only one, so I
have to deal with proxy and virtual hosts.

Chris