[Icecast-dev] shout python

Rakotomandimby Mihamina mihamina.rakotomandimby at etu.univ-orleans.fr
Mon Jan 23 01:16:19 PST 2006

Hi,

I discovered shout-python.
I use it to straem theora to an icecast server.
But works quite right except some times, it hangs, with no reasons.
I built it against libshout 2.2
The server i an IceCast 2.3.1

I have some notes:

The stream type, in the example could be vorbis | mp3.
Wouldn't it be the time to change it to ogg | mp3? As well as theora can
be in a ogg.

Is there any known issues streaming ogg/theora to an icecast server?

Thank you.
Unfortunately, I am not a C/Python developper yet, and can neither fix
the bugs my self (If there are) nor ehance the software. The best I can
do is to test and report some bugs if there are.

--
A powerfull GroupWare, CMS, CRM, ECM: CPS (Open Source & GPL).
Opengroupware, SPIP, Plone, PhpBB, JetSpeed... are good: CPS is better.