[Icecast-dev] SDK

Geoff Shang geoff at hitsandpieces.net
Thu Jan 19 15:24:05 PST 2006

Jeff Wilson wrote:

> I'm looking to do streaming audio apps, but I can't seem to find an SDK
> for streaming to a SHOUTCAST server.  I would hate to be forced into
> Windows Media just for that reason.  Can you guys point me to something
> that would work, and has good documentation?

Libshout is Xiph's streaming library.  I've not done any development with
it, so can't comment on the documentation, but the relatively small number
of API queries on this list would suggest that it mostly tends to work for
those who use it.

There is a C library, plus bindings for python, perl, ruby, ocaml and java.
There's also another python interface called shoutpy, which also provides a
C++ interface.

all of these are available from the Icecast download page at
http://www.icecast.org/download.php

Hope this helps.

Geoff.