[Icecast-dev] dump-file per source per mount

Jaakko Manninen kschzt at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 14:23:02 PDT 2005

Hi,

First of all, thank you for having made wonderful software!

I organise http://www.tpolm.com/ Lazy Sunday Radio and we are totally
icecast2 based,
use streamTranscoder to convert the various global ogg sources to mp3, we
have fall back
streams (currently playing) and all that. A really nice setup, thanks to you
:)

I would like to request a feature for dump-file to be able to dump each
source to a separate
file, so that we wouldn't have to cut + re-encode the whole Sunday stream
after we are done,
instead just using each source-specific dump for the website. For example,
the IP of the
source could be added to the dump file name, when using an option.

To listen to our last stream (13 hours of great music, mainly electronica)
http://fi.sunday.tpolm.org/lsr-oct05.ogg

Last sunday's sets will be available from tomorrow morning, as this time we
had to cut them ;).

Thanks!

Best,
Jaakko Manninen