[Icecast-dev] (no subject)

Michael Smith mlrsmith at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 16:03:51 PST 2005

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 19:25:25 -0000, Xiyu Shi <xiyu.shi at buckingham.ac.uk> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I am new to ICECAST2 and ICES2. I am trying to make the icecast2 and ices2
> working in our LAB's IPv6 testbed without any success. Could someone please
> give me a guide of how to make them working on IPv6? Thank you in
> advance.

I believe (I haven't tried it myself, but I know lots of people are
successfully running icecast on ipv6) you just have to tell icecast to
bind to an IPv6 address.

You can do this with the appropriate thing in <bind-address> (I think
you need "::" to just listen on all v6 interfaces?).

You should be able to use an ipv6 address in ices2 to connect to
icecast2, but I'm less sure if people are doing this, and again, I
haven't tested it myself.

Mike