[Icecast-dev] relay + fallback

Michael Smith mlrsmith at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 15:49:50 PST 2005

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 17:09:12 +0100, Stéphane Péron
<stephane.peron at anaximandre.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to have a fallback for a relayed mountpoint ?
> Something like this ?

I think that should be possible, you just set it up as normal.

> <relay>
>          <server>192.128.0.2</server>
>          <port>8000</port>
>          <mount>/arelayer</mount>
>          <local-mount>/arvorig</local-mount>
>          <fallback-mount>/secours</fallback-mount>
>          <fallback-override>1</fallback-override>
>   </relay>
> <mount>
>          <mount-name>/secours</mount-name>
> </mount>
>
> If this is not correct, is there another way to do it ?

You'd need to configure the fallback-related items inside <mount>, not
<relay>. But I'm not sure quite what you're trying to do. Is it:
 a) Relay some remote stream. If that stream isn't available, fall
back to relaying a different remote stream.
or
 b) Relay some remote stream. If that stream isn't available, fall
back to a different local mountpoint.

I think b should work as I described. a) you could do, but it'd be more complex.

Mike