[Icecast-dev] patch for icecast-2.2.0 to add client maxtime

Michael Smith mlrsmith at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 14:50:12 PST 2005

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 10:25:32 +0100, Siegfried Wagner
<siggi at radiofreaks.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wrote a little patch for the stable version (also works for the svn
> version) to add a new configuration parameter called "client_maxtime".
> With this you can set a maximum connection time limit for a connected
> client so that you can disallow continuous listening.
> When the listening time exceeds the client connection will
> automatically be dropped.
> By default this feature is disabled (set to 0).

This looks like a potentially useful feature. There are a number of
problems in your patch, though:
 - unsigned/signed confusion. client_maxtime should be unsigned
everywhere, not just in some places.
 - the check for whether to disconnect should probably be in
send_to_listener, rather than directly cluttering source_main.
 - The formatting is messed up, inconsistent with the style of the
rest of the code, and has several excessively long lines.

If you could clean up those issues and send us another patch, then
(assuming others agree that this looks useful), we'd be happy to
include it.

Mike