[Icecast-dev] ices 2 and linking errors

Michael Smith mlrsmith at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 16:15:17 PST 2005

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 02:25:57 -0600, Matthew Dooner <mdooner at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm getting errors like;
> /tmp/ccJK5HgU.o(.text+0x426): In function `connect(shout*,
> std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char>
> >)':
> : undefined reference to `shout_open'
>
> for each of the ices function calls. My gcc command looks like this;
> g++ -o myicestream -L/usr/lib/shout -lmysqlclient myicestream.cpp

I'm confused. Your subject line says "ices2", but your message appears
to have nothing to do with ices2 at all.

Anyway, the obvious problem is that you're attempting to use libshout,
but not linking your application to the library. Add "-lshout", and
that particular problem should go away. You should probably also get
rid of "-L/usr/lib/shout", since that's wrong and unneccesary (that
adds a directory - which doesn't exist - to the compiler's library
search path. That won't cause any errors, but it's unneeded).

Mike