[Icecast-dev] Icecast2 Burst-on-Connect

Geoff Shang geoff at hitsandpieces.net
Thu Feb 17 03:55:57 PST 2005

Michael Smith wrote:

> The only thing I can think of that's almost certainly different is the
> default size of the initial buffer (that's configurable in icecast,
> and it might be configurable in shoutcast, but the defaults probably
> differ).

At least last time I checked, shoutcast had a 1 meg buffer (which was very
annoying) that was not configurable.  This meant *huge* latancy at low bit
rates.  And it would do stupid things like remember the end of the previous
stream which was annoying as players would often choak when they got to the
point where the new stream started.

Geoff.