[Icecast-dev] Icecast 2.2 with Opticodec - dropping stream

Michael Smith mlrsmith at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 17:01:25 PST 2005

On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 16:10:57 +0100, Nagy Gergely - Kék Duna Rádió
<nagyger at kekduna.hu> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> We own an Orban Opticodec LE1010 and we are testing it to use with
> Icecast 2.2 (no relays are used, only one icecast 2.2 is working in one
> system)
> With both linux and win32 versions of Icecast2.2 Opticodec with
> aacplus-v2-32kbps stream generates the following errors:
> several minutes (2 to 30) after starting of encoding the stream drops
> (like there were internet connection available). Manually
> disconnecting-connecting solves the problem for the next 2-30 mins. :(
> Increasing source timeout does not solve the problem. (later increased
> up to 30 secs, but no good)
> Icecast logs are as following, and as the stream is dropped Opticodec's
> VU meters are freezing (not the whole prog, just vu meters).
> Non-utf8 chars are not sent to icecast2.2, as far as I know Opticodec
> transcodes non-uft8 chars to utf8. (but also tested with only-utf8 title
> file)
> Have You got any ideas how to solve our problem to make this system work
> 24 hours a day?

This doesn't look like an icecast problem. The logs say:
> [2005-02-08  06:19:58] DBUG source/get_next_buffer last 1107839987,
> timeout 10, now 1107839998
> [2005-02-08  06:19:58] WARN source/get_next_buffer Disconnecting source
> due to socket timeout
> [2005-02-08  06:19:58] INFO source/source_shutdown Source
> "/ourstream.aac" exiting

This means that the source client didn't send anything for too long -
if increasing the source timeout didn't make any appreciable
difference, this usually means the source client has just entirely
stopped sending.

Looks like a problem with your source client.

Mike