[Icecast-dev] Ezstream

Guillaume Pellerin yomguy at altern.org
Tue Dec 13 14:28:49 PST 2005

Salut :)

Daniel Ballenger wrote:
> On 12/13/05, Guillaume Pellerin <yomguy at altern.org> wrote:
>
>>Do you mean that one could add mp3 in the playlist during the playing ?
>
> Yes

Wonderful !

>>I made a tool which uses restartd to restart a given stream when it's shut down.
>>Would you be interested ?
>
> What do you mean? When the stream (playlist?) ends it restarts at the beginning?

No, this is already done by default.
My little script just generates a random playlist of a folder, builds the
associated xml file for ezstream and then launches it. The program also add a
line in the restartd tab wich verify if each stream is open and starts this one
if not. Useful for laptops... ;)
Maybe I will make a clean dedicated deamon for it..

Nothing that could change the heart of ezstream oddsock ;) I've just code this
to allow users to easily start their streams. I really understand your point of
view about the necessity for this program to keep a minimal frontend and optimal
shouting capability. It does have the best size/capability ratio in the
streaming world due to its non-reencoding functionality. Thanks for your great
job. But the feature proposed Daniel would be very welcome since each stream
still has to be kill when a new file comes into the ogg folder. This is a
problem for the listeners...

best,
p--g