[Icecast-dev] Icecast2 Server - AAC/HE-AAC/aacPlus Support

Greg J. Ogonowski greg at orban.com
Sun Sep 19 11:56:34 PDT 2004

Hello-

You guys have done an excellent job with the Icecast2 server.
I probably don't need to tell you that, but I did anyway.

We are Coding Technologies licensees and have recently developed a
streaming audio encoder supporting AAC/HE-AAC/aacPlus using RTSP/RTP,
SHOUTcast HTTP/ICY, and Icecast2 HTTP/ICY, Orban Opticodec-PC.

More information here:
http://www.orban.com/orban/products/stream/1010_overview.html
Please note:  The HTTP/ICY protocols have just been added, and information
regarding them is not up on the web site yet.

We are wondering about the possibility of adding AAC and AACP content types
to Icecast2. We are currently using MPEG, but then that lists on the
directory servers as an MP3 stream.

I have test streams up if you are interested in hearing this.
It is playable using Winamp 5.05.

Also for feature requests:

IntroFile function, to play .aac, .mp3, or .ogg file prior to live stream
without player re-buffering, as in SHOUTcast.

File streaming (for on-demand) to include artist, title ID3v2 metadata.
SHOUTcast does not do this either, but would be nice.

If we made source code modifications, what is the procedure for submission?

Thanks for your consideration.
-greg.

Greg J. Ogonowski
VP Product Development