[Icecast-dev] documentation on icecst stream

Arc Riley arc at Xiph.org
Wed Sep 8 18:32:57 PDT 2004

On Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 11:13:59AM -0400, Jeff wrote:
> Where is documentation on the format of the icecast stream. I can only
> find docs on the server.
>
> I've asked this before and several said RFC 2616, which says NOTHING
> about icecast streams.
>
> So, where is the docs on the actual streaming. Is it mp3? mp3 with id3v2?

Icecast2 supports both Ogg and MP3.  I can't say much about what format
the MP3 is in, but I know that whichever you use is a legal file.

So why not just capture the output of an Icecast2 stream and look at it?
:-)  Ogg streams are, of course, without id3.