[Icecast-dev] Icecast 2 Relays updating YP servers?

Ben Clarke bclarke at skillsense.com
Wed Oct 20 23:35:08 PDT 2004

Hi all,

I'm trying to set up a mirroring system for icecast whereas any server
which is relaying the stream I'm playing, and has the <yp-url/> config
parameter set to my yp server, will be put into a pool of available
relays, so that a large number of listeners can be transparently
balanced over several internet connections.  I've implemented enough of
the yp server code to do so, only to find that relays do not ever seem
to send yp info?

Short question:
Is there a configuration param or command line argument to make a relay
send its information to a yp server, using Icecast 2 on Linux?  If not,
could someone point me towards places in the source I may be able to
figure out such a function from?

Thanks much in advance,

Ben.