[Icecast-dev] Icecast 2.0.1 segmentation fault under LInux

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Tue Oct 5 20:44:56 PDT 2004

On Wednesday 06 October 2004 13:31, Geoff Shang wrote:
> > Upgrading to 2.0.2 is a good idea - I can't guarantee it'll help, but
> > it's definately worth a try.
>
> Should I upgrade to libogg 1.1.2 and vorbis 1.1 as well?

Probably a good idea anyway, but this is extremely unlikely to have any effect
on your problem. So if you just want to get up and running again quickly,
don't worry about it for now.

> > If it doesn't help, any more information on how to reproduce this would
> > be really helpful. If running it under valgrind is possible (i.e. you're
> > running linux on x86, and you have some cpu to spare), that might be
> > worthwhile too.
>
> CPU is running pretty close to the mark up there, load average is usually
> over 2, since we run 6 streams up there plus the two vorbis ones running on
> the icecast server, and we have 4 LAME processes running as well as the two
> streamtranscoder processes which run these streams.  But it is running on
> x86 Linux.

Ok, fair enough. Don't worry about valgrind then.

> So am I right in thinking that we can't glean anything more from this GDB
> session?  I'd really like to restart the server as soon as this is
> possible.

Go ahead. I don't expect to be able to get anything further useful from this.

Mike