[Icecast-dev] Icecast 2.0.1 segmentation fault under LInux

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Tue Oct 5 20:01:05 PDT 2004

On Wednesday 06 October 2004 09:32, Geoff Shang wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I maintain an Icecast server at acbradio.org.  Recently it's been crashing
> fairly regularly.  I've not yet upgraded it to 2.0.2.  I thought I'd report
> this crash bug first as the release note seemed to suggest that the fix
> there was only for Windows.  I'm thinking that either this is a separate
> problem or it's an example of the same one under LInux, thereby making it
> moer important for *nix users to upgrade than the release note suggested.
>

> _handle_get_request (con=0xe86b95a4, parser=0x814f680, uri=0x81854e0 "/")
>      at connection.c:720
> 720             if(global.serversock[i] == con->serversock) {

Geoff,

This looks like something that should be "impossible". It's almost certainly
memory corruption somewhere - and so the bug is probably somewhere else
entirely, nowhere near this code.

Do you have any way to reproduce this on demand? Or is it just something that
happens apparently randomly?

Upgrading to 2.0.2 is a good idea - I can't guarantee it'll help, but it's
definately worth a try.

If it doesn't help, any more information on how to reproduce this would be
really helpful. If running it under valgrind is possible (i.e. you're running
linux on x86, and you have some cpu to spare), that might be worthwhile too.

Mike