[Icecast-dev] configure creates bad Makefile(s)

Matthew Rubenstein email at mattruby.com
Mon Oct 4 20:18:17 PDT 2004

	I installed icecast2 according to the README at
http://icecast.org/docs/icecast-2.0.2 , including the curl[-devel] and
other dependences, on a Red Hat 9 server. Apparently, running
"configure", whether with --with-curl[=<path>] and/or
--with-curl-config[=<path>] (even when specifying correct paths),
completes with a report that it found libcurl ("yes"), but generates
Makefile(s) with the line

XIPH_LIBS = -Lyes/include -lcurl -lvorbis -L/usr/lib -lxslt -lxml2 -lz
-lm

Of course, there's no "yes/include" dir, and such a relative path is
illegal. It seems that "configure" is sending its "yes" confirmation of
finding libcurl as the path in which it found it, when generating the
Makefiles. I have edited the Makefiles to work, but that multiplies the
time to rebuild by severalfold, and introduces a manual entry error
possibility. Please advise.
--

(C) Matthew Rubenstein