[Icecast-dev] metadata

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Mon Oct 4 17:41:33 PDT 2004

On Tuesday 05 October 2004 09:52, Geoff Shang wrote:
> Karl Heyes wrote:
> > http://www.icecast.org/docs/icecast-2.0.2/icecast2_admin.html
>
> My reading of this doc suggests that you need the admin user and password
> to be able to do this.  This seems a bit risky.  If I were running an
> icecast server with multiple streams, I have to say that I wouldn't be very
> happy giving out the admin username and password to everyone who broadcast.
> Shouldn't this be a function requiring the source password and username for
> that mount, or overall if there isn't a specific mount username/password
> set?
>
> Or is the doc wrong?

The doc was wrong. I've committed a fix to svn.
For all mount-specific admin actions, you can use the admin username/password
OR the mountpoint-specific username/password. This is slightly different from
what you suggested, in that the the admin user/pass is valid even if there's
a mount user/pass set.

Mike