[Icecast-dev] metadata

Ross Levis ross at stationplaylist.com
Sun Oct 3 17:54:07 PDT 2004

We are currently adding Shoutcast title information support to our radio
broadcasting/streaming software and would like to do the same for Icecast if
this function has been implemented.  The Shoutcast server uses a format like
this:
http://server-ip/admin.cgi?pass=yourpassword&mode=updinfo&song=Artist_and_Title_etc

Our software sends this request at each change of track.  The server then
adds the required metadata to the outgoing stream so the listeners players
can see what is playing.  I realize the common solution is to add the
metadata at the stream encoder (client) end, but in many situations, this is
not possible.  Does Icecast support this feature?

Thanks,

Ross Levis
StationPlaylist.com
http://www.stationplaylist.com