[icecast-dev] Can't listen to a stream from icecast-kh

Karl Heyes karl at xiph.org
Fri May 28 04:51:04 PDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-05-28 at 07:20, Iceuse - Kris wrote:
> >>Or, keep as it is if it makes sense (I don't know the importance of
> >>having or not ICY) and then, see with videloan.org to update their player.
> >>

> >Players should not be changed to support this. They're correct to reject it.
> >
> >Mike
> >

> So, in that case, ICY 200 should be removed?

in most cases the HTTP one is ok, the exception seems to be at least
some versions of realplayer.

> btw, yesterday, after patching it to HTTP/1.0 200, I read a mp3 stream
> with realplayer 10. It worked.

o v10 (windows?) is ok with HTTP, my v8 (unix) isn't.  Maybe if we can
get feedback from other users who have experienced problems playback
problems. The key things are which player/version and entry in access
log.

Initially though it maybe just v8 of realplayer, Chris can you send me
the user agent (access.log) string for v10.

> I don't really know for what ICY 200 is usefull, i'll see in other
> thread if I found some info.
>
> Perhaps this should be handled by a copmpilation flag for those who
> wants that particular ICY response?

it's not the sort of thing a compilation flag will be useful with, it
may require special casing of the user agent field.

I made kh44 special case real, but I don't know the user agent strings
yet, your wget should be ok now as the default is HTTP.

karl.