[icecast-dev] Client auth with mysql

Dave St John dstjohn at mediacast1.com
Thu May 13 02:25:47 PDT 2004

One thing i would like to see with the mysql auth framework is this
<authentication type="mysql">
     <option name="dbname" value="database name here"/>
    <option name="dbuser" value="database username here"/>
    <option name="dbpass" value="database password here"/>
    <option name="db_table_prefix" value="database table prefix here"/> <!--
i.e. iceauth_ -->
    <option name="db_username_field" value="database field name
here"/><!--name of field to get usernames from username -->
    <option name="db_password_field" value="database field name here"/>
<!--name of db field to get password from i.e. userpass -->
</authentication>

That way we can specify what db to use and just about all hte options you
would want to see.

then the sql would look something like this

CREATE TABLE `subscription_servers` (
  `server_id` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  `subscriber_id` varchar(55) NOT NULL default '0',
  `username` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
  `userpass` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
  `raw_password` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
) TYPE=MyISAM;

Mediacast1 Administration

Need Support ?
http://mediacast1.com/helpdesk