[icecast-dev] icecast cvs patch

oddsock oddsock at oddsock.org
Thu May 6 14:33:05 PDT 2004

At 11:25 AM 5/6/2004, you wrote:
> > FWIW, the "stats" window on the win32 GUI of icecast relies on the
> > flatness of the stats structure at the mount level.  This is simply for
> > the ease of viewing stats...if you start adding children to the stats tree
> > at that point displaying these in a nice user-friendly way
> > becomes..well...difficult...
>
>It's called a tree. :)

right and a tree representation of continuously updating stats is well, not
going to be terribly user-friendly.....

a simple list box of updating values in what I think people would expect
when monitoring stats...Although I could simply display the raw stats XML
in a window...although I'm thinking alot of people might consider that a
bit ugly...myself included...

but honestly, with the advent of the rather nice (IMHO) web-based admin
interface, the actual UI part of the win32 port of icecast seems a bit
unnecessary..We could probably get rid of much of the UI portions with the
exception of maybe a start/stop button and a admin button which does a
browser open to the admin pages...

oddsock