[icecast-dev] icecast cvs patch

oddsock oddsock at oddsock.org
Thu May 6 09:17:43 PDT 2004

At 08:32 AM 5/6/2004, you wrote:
> > I thought of that... but that could be used maliciously to override other
> > (important) values in the stats core, like "number of users", etc. So
> to do
> > this we'd need to put all the metadata fields into some sub-namespace
> in the
> > stats core, which I don't think is currently possible?
>
>Subspaces were sort of the point, exactly for this reason. Did I forget
>to build that in?  I'm pretty sure it's doable, or else I was an idiot.
>Either is possible, of course.
>
>In any case, putting ALL metadata into the stats is hte right solution I
>think, and if that means subspaces, so be it :)
>
>jack.

FWIW, the "stats" window on the win32 GUI of icecast relies on the flatness
of the stats structure at the mount level.  This is simply for the ease of
viewing stats...if you start adding children to the stats tree at that
point displaying these in a nice user-friendly way becomes..well...difficult...

oddsock