[icecast-dev] Re: migration to subversion (OT)

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Sat Mar 20 20:03:48 PST 2004

On Sat, Mar 20, 2004 at 01:13:45PM -0500, Dale Ghent wrote:

> good luck! let me know how the cvs2svn script works out for you... I'm
> looking at doing the same soon with a ~800 file cvs repository I'm in
> charge of.

I've not noticed any problems with recent versions, but there are still
some bugs open against it. It's a hard problem. While it's pretty much
always worked for simple repositories, an old one with inconsistent
branching and some hand editing in its history can still give problems.
We've basically been waiting for the script to be able to cope with the
xiph.org repository for the last year.

Just give it a try and see how it does.

Good luck,
 -r