[icecast-dev] mountpoint fallback support

Gnosis junk at htxml.com
Thu Mar 18 21:47:44 PST 2004

After I installed the latest nightly build, it looks like the fallback works without rebuffering.  I do see one problem -- when the main mountpoint stream restarts, the fallback continues to play.  Once I stop the fallback mountpoint stream, the main mountpoint stream restarts, but only after client rebuffering

Also, during the mountpoint switchovers, sometimes the meta-data is lost in the clients.

thank you,
Michael

________________________________

> I just was looking at the CVS nightly build of the icecast2\src\source.c
> and see that the mountpoint fallback is now implemented (compared to the
> 2.0.0 release's source.c)
>
> I was hoping to use this feature to support a multi-home radio station that
> has a master mountpoint stream and offsite "guest" mountpoints.  These
> guest mountpoints would attach on a scheduled based and, theoretically, the
> main mountpoint would stop broadcasting so the guest mountpoint would take
> over.  Then, when the main mountpoint would want to regain control, start
> it's stream back up and a switchover from the fallover to the main
> mountpoint would occur.
>
> Would this work?  If not, would it be hard to change the code to do this?
> I figure the hard part would be to dynamically load different XML config
> files for changing the guest mountpoints.

Yes, this would work. There should be no need to dynamically load different
config files (though you might choose to set it up like that), but that
should work fine anyway.

Mike