[icecast-dev] trouble in nullsoft land.

Dave St John dstjohn at mediacast1.com
Sun Mar 7 15:51:43 PST 2004

Us broadcasters/providers are as open source minded as it gets, we can smell
draconians a mile away and well, nullsoft isn't smelling to good right now
and we all know it.

Now is the time to market the icecast yp and get on the bandwagon to promote
this software,
9x out of 10 i try and sell this product over shoutcast/real media etc.....
because of its versatility
and most importantly the community involved (developers to end users).
Its been sometime since i have read a good thread over at forums.winamp.com,
there mods act like
there demy-gods and hardly even take any decent amount of time to explain
theory or reasoning, its always
a quick witted snippy remark, anyhoo enough ranting about that.

bottom line is the shoutcast yp has always been more popular because other
3rd party companies endorse (AOL)and
 therefore include yp.shoutcast.com as this incredible music source, (which
it is), and act like its the only one out there.

Surely since xiph is already involved with real networks, maybe something
could get going on that direction,
as far as promoting the dir at icecast.org as a viable reliable source for
multi format internet radio. Choices and options
has always been what the internet is about, nullsoft is just cutting there
own throat and making it a limited infrastructure, which will undoubtedly
make icecast a very inviting solution in the future.

Im just glad we have another option to choose from so a big thank you to
everyone at xiph.

Dave St John
Mediacast1 Administrator

Need Support? please visit our helpdesk area
http://mediacast1.com/helpdesk