[icecast-dev] trouble in nullsoft land.

Dale Ghent daleg at elemental.org
Sun Mar 7 09:50:53 PST 2004

On Mar 7, 2004, at 12:24 PM, oddsock wrote:

> neat, how ironic is it that you can stream mp3pro with the Shoutcast
> DNAS, but their YP will not let you list if you do so...talk about
> your mixed messages...
>
> and I'm all open to any ideas on promoting our own YP directory...

Make it shoutcast DNAS compatible, perhaps?

It's true that over the past years NullSoft's decisions re: YP have
been sudden and seemingly arbitrary for a outfit that wants to keep
Internet radio open and free, which is also something which has evolved
past it's cool curiosity status to a commercially viable entity some
time ago.

Internet streaming radio already has too many sandboxes, in terms of
codecs, protocols (metadata, ICY vs. HTTP) and especially YP. If we
provide the glue to bind at least YP together, then hey, more people
coming to icecast.org and learning about the software.

/dale