[Icecast-dev] Where'e the network interface doc's

Michael Smith msmith
Mon Jun 14 21:04:59 PDT 2004

On Wednesday 09 June 2004 00:01, tj wrote:
> I looked all over the icecast.org web site and I could not find any docs
> on  network protocol for  connecting a client player to an icecast
> server and receiving the audio.
>
> Did I overlook it? Can somebody please point me to it?

Sorry, we should have some pointers to this in the documentation. The network
protocol is normal HTTP (possibly with authentication, if the stream has it
configured - we only use HTTP Basic authentication at the moment).

Mike