[icecast-dev] Could Icecast be used for this application?

Ready, Matthew MREADY at jgh.org
Tue Jun 1 12:08:59 PDT 2004

I am developing an application that will require many users to be able
to request audio files on demand from a server.  There will be thousands
of individual audio files.  Eventually there will be hundreds of
simultaneous users requesting different audio files at different times.

This type of application will require a full fledged audio server at
some time.

Could Icecast be used for this purpose?

If Icecast is used, can it be bundled with a commercial application?

Can Icecast be used in a commercial endeavor?  Where people are charged
to listen to audio coming from an Icecast server?

Finally, if Icecast is used...do I need my own server?  Or are there any
hosts out there that already run Icecast and would simply host my audio
files for a fee?

Did I send this message correctly?

Thanks!

Matt