[Icecast-dev] Icecast embeddable ?

Arc Riley arc
Thu Jul 29 08:17:54 PDT 2004

<1091044174.1286.391.camel at bogus.hackers.club>
<1091094541.4108c80d8695c at imp5-q.free.fr>
<1091101478.11394.5.camel at bogus.hackers.club>

On Thu, Jul 29, 2004 at 12:44:38PM +0100, Karl Heyes wrote:

> > It's not a matter of completness here, but web interface, even through XML, is
> > not really something very efficient if we want to embed icecast in another
> > product. We need plain C/C++ calls.

I think it needs to be pointed out that Icecast isn't this uber-complex
system.  An ultralight embedded stream server could be written in a
matter of days which preforms Icecast's most core functions without the
web interface, MP3 support, etc.

I'll argue that such a server could be designed as part of Icecast, but
several things need to change first such as switching to libogg2.