[Icecast-dev] libshout nonblocking API

Brendan Cully brendan
Mon Jul 26 14:18:31 PDT 2004

> shout_send
> shout_send_raw:
>   May return SHOUTERR_BUSY if they couldn't send the entire buffer. In
>   this case, the remaining data will be queued internally. To flush
>   the buffer, call the function with a 0 length buffer until it stops
>   returning SHOUTERR_BUSY.

After some discussion over IRC with Karl, I've come up with the
following modification for the shout_send routines:

They will only return SHOUTERR_BUSY if called with a 0-byte
buffer. Otherwise the data will be queued and the return value will be
the full length of the input buffer, unless a serious error has
occured.