[icecast-dev] Patches - Was: Stream metadata settings

Melanie melanie at t-data.com
Mon Jan 12 22:47:15 PST 2004

Hi,

On 2004.01.13 07:36 Michael Smith wrote:
> So: either no-mount goes (because it's useless), or we change things so
> that
> no-mount prevents direct mounts (only), and max-listeners is absolute (and
> is
> enforced when the source pulls clients off the pending queue).
>
> The latter makes more sense, I guess, but is a significant change in
> behaviour. Does anyone else have any opinions on this?

What you describe is what's intended by the two options. I only read as
much of the code as I needed to for implementing my features, much of it is
still a mystery to me.

So I second your opinion on changing the behavior of max-listeners.

I don't think that this would affect any real usage scenarios out there at
the moment, fallback was badly broken in previous versions, I doubt anyone
used it.

Melanie