[icecast-dev] WG: Re: extended logging for icecast2

C.Preissner at tv1.de C.Preissner at tv1.de
Thu Feb 26 00:02:25 PST 2004

Hi

I want to contribute some changes to icecast2 server;

Some improvements to logging engine of icecast ( daily and monthly
aggregation );

actual one;
if not, I generate a new logfile and write the logentry in the new
logfile;

in case, nothing changed, I write to the old logfile;

logging.c,
cfgfile.c
main.c

and an extension to
icecast.xml
for different aggregation modes ( currently, daily, monthly or no
aggregation are supported )

imple diff on the files should show you the differences ( most of them
are in logging.c );

ince I am from the java world, and not really a hardcore c developer, I
suppose there
is space for improvements but this version should work pretty fine anyway
( and in case
I did not forget to add a changed source file :-(  );

it is already running on our server for several days without problems;

Just thought it is, since most people still seem to use logrotate,  which
works fine for windows of course;