[icecast-dev] new features request

Dave St John dstjohn at mediacast1.com
Fri Feb 13 09:54:40 PST 2004

> You mean by using STRING matching which is experimental and a thing I
> would never do in kernel (otherwise I dont see how you will do mountpoint
> based badnwidth management).
Thats one of the caveats, and where <limit> would obviously come into play.

> Still it doesnt solve the problem I raised. With QoS you will shape by
> lowering stream rates, which is something you never want for streams.
Doesnt solve it but its an option, rh9 comes with QoS enabled by default
so no patching or recompiling of the kernel. It wouldnt lower bitrates but
you could
statefully inspect each packet(iptables) and prioritize them, as well as a
burst (tc).

Im going to test out some methods today and post back my results

Mediacast1 Administrator