[icecast-dev] new features request

Dave St John dstjohn at mediacast1.com
Thu Feb 12 23:49:55 PST 2004

> > > Another nice feature to add would be a "bandwidth" limit (so just a
new
> > > <limit> type entry).
If you are running icecast2 on linux you can handle bandwidth limitations
using QoS
more specificly iproute2.
    That way icecast2 doesnt have to take up extra resources to handle
bandwidth limitations.

resources here
cbq bash script
http://aleron.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/cbqinit/cbq.init-v0.7.3
the low down skinny on traffic shaping
http://www.knowplace.org/shaper/resources.html

Now if your on windows then Microsoft says it handles bandwidth better than
linux and is cheaper than linux
so i guess QoS works automagikly ;) then again i think linux just works the
way its supposed 2 and windows doesnt :O)

Hope that helps :)

Mediacast1 Administrator